FSW DESIGN ASSISTANCE IN PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTExpert support and advanced training for optimum weldability
Transferring new part designs following the upcoming requirements on tightness and crash-resistance, our experts in the field of Friction Stir Welding are giving guidance on optimum part design for welding. FSW-compliant construction leads to an earlier verification approval for the upcoming start of serial production. Stirtec provides training and examination services to support Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier-1 suppliers in benefiting from the advantages of the welding process Friction Stir Welding. Detailed view on the weldability f.e. requested tooling and their linked space requirements is provided by our technical experts with many years in research and industrial implementation of FSW. Typical joining geometries and their benefits are covered in our standard courses followed by further assessments on quality and evaluation of welding seams. In individual workshops on-site at customer’s facility or at the Stirtec headquarter, specific application and the use of Friction Stir Welding are combined to ensure requirements and optimum weldability.
- Knowledge transfer on the functionality and limitations of Friction Stir Welding
- FSW-compliant construction including typical joining geometries
- Tolerance expectations over the process chain (incoming/outgoing quality)
- Analysis on international norms and standards for Friction Stir Welding
- Quality assurance f.e. possibilities on process monitoring and weld inspection
- 3D collision check on the customized FSW tooling for production approval
As FSW full line supplier, we are assisting on the provision of first welded parts and upcoming prototype production for B/C sampling to serial production equipment and turnkey solutions.
Stirtec – your full line supplier
FOR FSW PROTOTYPE PRODUCTION AND MACHINERY
Your contact person: Markus Hahnl
Are you interested in determining the feasibility of a new concept using Friction Stir Welding? Or do you require assistance in choosing the most-sufficient system for serial production for your application?
Please contact us direct - we'll gladly provide guidance and support.